Tile in Sarnia, ON
Built to stand the test of time, wall tile and tile flooring have been used inside and outside dwelling spaces for centuries. And if you’re looking for tile near you in Sarnia, ON, Custom Floors Carpet One Floor & Home carries an extensive collection of indoor and outdoor tile flooring, wall tile, and decorative tile. With its infinite staying power and its ability to enhance any space, tile is truly a favorite. Plus, it’s a fabulous pick for your floors, backsplash, walls, and showers.
If you’re considering adding tile to your space, keep reading to learn more about this versatile product.
Why Should I Choose Tile?
As mentioned above, tile makes a wonderful and dramatic first impression!
Benefits of Tile
- Tile offers a look that is unique to you with bold colours and textures that really make your space stand out.
- Tile will elevate your interior with a timeless look.
- Tile is also fully customizable, with endless styles to choose from, e.g., subway tile, herringbone, mosaic, large tile, and wood-look tile.
What Are The Three Types of Tile?
Which type of tile is right for your space? Well, it depends entirely on your needs and style. The three different types of tile include ceramic, porcelain, and stone. Here’s a closer look at these tile options.
- Ceramic is less expensive than porcelain or stone, allowing homeowners to upgrade their space on a budget.
- With its endless design options and styles, ceramic is a popular material used for walls and backsplashes.
- Ceramic is a lighter tile option that may help insulate the home.
- Porcelain tile is a type of ceramic tile finished at a much higher temperature during the firing process.
- As a denser tile than its ceramic cousin, porcelain tile is resistant to heat and moisture.
- Porcelain is not prone to cracking or breaking under most circumstances, making it ideal for both floors and walls.
- Stone tile is made using natural stones and minerals, such as granite, travertine, slate, and marble.
- Stone tile is can be used for indoor and outdoor designs.
- Stone tile must be treated and sealed to maintain moisture resistance.
Wood-Look Tile vs. Natural Hardwood Flooring
Because of its natural look and value, natural hardwood flooring is a highly sought option for most homeowners. However, solid hardwoods can be susceptible to moisture, leading to warping and other issues. That’s why we suggest solid hardwood's low-maintenance alternative: wood-look tile.
Benefits of Wood-Look Tile
- Unlike natural hardwood, wood-look tile is water-repellent, durable, and will stay looking beautiful even in the most humid rooms.
- Each plank tile features the beautiful natural shades and grain patterns of popular hardwood species like pine, oak, maple, birch, and more.
- We offer grout-free tile and tile applications with subtle grout lines for a realistic wood-look appearance.
Where Can My Tile Be Installed?
Tile flooring is an extremely versatile flooring product that can be installed virtually anywhere in the home. Regardless of where you choose to install tile, you can take advantage of endless design options.
Tile Installation FAQs
- Although tile is a popular flooring option, it isn't restricted to floors! Tile can also be installed on walls and backsplashes.
- You can choose any type of style of floor tile for wall applications. Choose from larger floor tiles, subway tiles, or mosaic tiles for shower and tub surrounds, backsplashes, and accent walls!
- Floor tiles can be used on the wall, but wall tiles cannot be used on the floors.
Did you know? We offer professional installations for all of our flooring products! Get a Free Estimate on your flooring project today.
Shop Tile Near You - Custom Floors Carpet One
As a member of Carpet One Floor & Home, Custom Floors Carpet One boasts the buying power of over a thousand stores yet remains closely tied to its local community’s preferences and needs. We are a locally owned and operated member of North America’s largest cooperative of independently owned flooring stores. This means we’re the perfect team to take on your upcoming tile project. Learn more about our wide range of tile products - visit our showroom or browse our online tile selection today!